BECOME AN AMBASSADOR!
Freshman Studies and Multi-Disciplinary Studies Ambassador Program
2023-2024 application deadline is September 1st
The Freshman Studies and Multi-Disciplinary Studies Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing the Office of General Studies at the University of Mississippi. Student ambassadors assist at both campus events and through social media to recruit new students to UM and support students currently on campus.
Mission Statement: Our ambassadors are a dynamic team of student leaders committed to promoting the Freshman Studies or Multi-Disciplinary Studies program, as well as the University of Mississippi, to prospective students and their families, current students, alumni, and the surrounding communities. Ambassadors create a positive first and lasting impression, thus supporting and enhancing the reputation of the program and university.
What does that mean you’ll do on a given day? Our ambassadors will:
- Serve as a student liaison/panelist for Admitted Student Day events during the spring semester
- Allow your story to be used for promotional purposes for Freshman Studies or Multi-Disciplinary Studies (website, social media, photographs, videos, etc.)
- Participate in postcard signing campaigns to promote Freshman Studies or Multi-Disciplinary Studies recruitment
- Serve as a peer advisor on non-academic topics for the program and UM
But it’s not all about what you’ll do. You’ll also get a lot from joining our ambassador team:
- Add examples of leadership and community involvement to your resume
- Have opportunities to improve your public speaking experience and build your networking opportunities
- Possibly count work toward community service hours for other organizations
- Get exclusive one-on-one time with Dean Ammeter and advising staff
- Senior ambassadors get a special medal to wear with your commencement regalia
- Senior ambassadors are invited to sit with the platform party at the Office of General Studies commencement ceremony and are given special introductions
- Receive a $300 scholarship for each fall, spring and summer in which you are enrolled as a full-time student (summer does not require full-time enrollment)
- Help new students succeed by sharing your experience
Interested in joining us? We’re looking for students who meet the following criteria:
- Have at least a 2.5 resident and overall GPA and 2.5 in the most current graded semester
- Be a former Freshman Studies student or current Multi-Disciplinary Studies student
- Complete our application process
- Attend training meeting; read and sign Ambassador Training Guide
- Submit your online application
- After your application has been submitted, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with the Assistant to the Dean of General Studies.
- Reference forms will be sent to the references you listed on your application.
You will receive an email notification from the Assistant to the Dean of General Studies once all selections have been made for the current academic year.